Hello Mermaid Junkies,
If you’ve recently started following my blog or my youtube channel Mermaid Junkie TV You know I base all of my practices on Abraham Hicks.
I have been using a Vision board, or what I now call a Belief board for over 13 years. Until learning of Abraham and the practices, I never understood why many of my visions weren’t manifesting. Now, I fully know and understand where the gap was, and I’m excited to share it with you. In case you’ve ever wondered why your boards weren’t working, I’ll inspire you to begin getting what you want and explain in detail how to manifest your dreams and desires.
Who is Abraham Hicks?
Abraham is considered one of the most revered sources for anything pertaining to the Law of Attraction and manifesting dreams. Abraham is a group of consciousness from the non-physical dimension translated by and communicates directly through Esther Hicks. Esther Hicks is an inspirational speaker who travels all over the world sharing the wisdom channeled from Abraham, together they appeared in the world famous movie The Secret.
The Secret’s original teachings are actually all based on Abraham. However, Abraham (Esther Hicks) never gets the credit deserved for The Secret’s success. So as much as, The Secret has inspired millions, I give all my credit to the original source which is Abraham (Esther & Jerry Hicks).
Abraham Hicks sums up the how The Law of Attraction works, and the missing piece that keeps most people from actually getting this Universal Law to work for them: (Below is actually Abraham speaking through Esther explaining the Law of Attraction).
“There are three steps in the Creative Process. The first step is:
The first step is: Ask for what you want. You can ask with your words, but your asking is really happening on a vibrational level.
The second step is: Answer the request. That’s not your job; that is the job of Source Energy and Universal Forces. Law of Attraction (That which is like unto itself is drawn.) is the manager of that. But that answer always comes, and it always comes swiftly and accurately and precisely, and fully in the moment of your asking.
“When you ask, it is always given, now,” surprises many people, because they say, “Can’t be right. I know, I’ve been asking, and my stuff has not shown up yet.” And we say, that’s because you are unaware of your job in the third step.
And the third step is: You must be in the receiving mode of what you’re asking for. You have to be a vibrational match to your own desire, or, in this vibrationally based Universe, you’re not letting it in. Usually, the asking is born where your vibration is not pure. So, in the middle of the asking, you are rarely in the receiving mode.
We think the thing that confuses so many of you, is that you think you are asking with your words, and when you ask with your words, if the answer is coming, it should come right now, and it should be in a form that you could recognize. And when it doesn’t come right now, in the middle of your asking, you assume that something has gone wrong. And we say, nothing is wrong. You’re just in step one. When you get in step three, you’ll let it in.”
The difference between a Belief and a Vision. Many times, desires and beliefs don’t match up vibrationally. We must remember that like attracts like. So our job as manifestors, is we need to blend them together. That’s what expectation is.
So now that I’ve explained the differences, let’s get started!
7 Treasure Trove Tips To Creating A Belief & Vision Board:
- Getting started: I began my board with A Mermaid Manifestation Affirmation for the year. Each year I create one, as I’ve had my vision board for so long, I change and add things throughout out the calendar years. This year for 2017 mine is:
You know what I want, you know who
I am and how I want to live, you know what my future holds,
and lighted what I have been offering.
I am ready to let in as much as you can accommodate now.
I love you and appreciate the way you are constantly loving me.
Thank you in advance.
- After you have written your Affirmation it’s time to start with the fun stuff. Begin by collecting things. Cut out pictures from magazines you love. Cut out words that speak to you, quotes, affirmations, poems, art, scrapbooked items, ephemera etc. Always pay attention to what you are feeling in the moment of creating your board. Be authentic and only put on your board what feels true to you.
- Picture of yourself. You can either find a photo that you love of yourself, when you look at this particular photo you feel happiest with yourself. It doesn’t have to be a new one, but it should represent a time when you felt most joy and happiness in your life. You only want to feel the great energy when looking at photos of yourself. If you have a polaroid camera, you could take a little selfie, then it’s all ready to go. I have a little Instax mini 7, and If I can’t seem to find a photo from a magazine, I’ve been known to snap a polaroid of it from the computer or Pinterest. Then I have all my visions up on the board instantly.
- Clarity- Now this step you don’t have to do, but I do like it when my board looks clean to a certain degree. I don’t like my photos overlapping too much or have my board all jumbled feeling. You want to leave space for all things energetically to come into your life. Focus your mind on your desires and your worthiness of them.
- Be specific with your desires. Unless you feel a sense of wobble in your vibration, you might want to stay more general, until your desires become stable. What I mean here is, I am very specific about what I want. Many people creating boards say to be general. I am quite the opposite. I think the more specific the better. The universe only hears what you mean, not what you say. So I say be as specific as you’d like. Here’s an example: Do you have the desire to live on the beach? Is the image of a beach cottage, an estate, a mansion? What would you rather live in on the beach? I am specific when I’m putting out my beliefs. Try to stay open to all options. The Universe has the best and highest in store for you. Seek the joy of the ‘thing’ and the Universe will give you even more than you were able to remember. The Universe still has all of our desires in our Vortex escrow. We have most likely forgotten many of our desires throughout our lifetime, but Source/God has not.
- Create a manifestation space. After collecting, creatively display your items, such as your vision board, focus wheels, crystals, mandalas, art, candles, affirmational quotes and all pretty things that make you happy on a beautiful antique table or a dresser, or an altar of some sort. Be creative. It doesn’t have to be extravagant, but make it peaceful and a place you enjoy spending time in. When I lived in my little apartment, I had a small closet that I converted into a little meditation area. It was the only extra space I had to use, but it was perfect for me at the time. Think outside of the box.
- Visualize. I spend my time visualizing and it’s mostly right after I’ve meditated. Visualize for as long as it feels good.
- Let it go. After you’ve done all of these things, in order for them to work, you have to TRUST the Universe has already brought your desires into fruition. Imagine sending them out into the ocean, releasing them to Source, knowing they will come back to you. Having no doubts whatsoever.
There you have it!
This was a long post but I feel it has oodles of beautiful content for you to be a powerful creator and manifesting your dreams and desires!
Yours til my next swim, R